Alone - Vampires and the Life of Erin Rose

A new novel from Steve Perlow, this novel tells of a vampire who Determined to uncover the true identity of the mystery. The original story from the official site!

Alone - Vampires and the Life of Erin Rose page 1: Twenty-two-year-old Erin Rose wakes up one morning with no memory of her past. She’s in a strange apartment with only one clue: a vampire bite scar on her neck.

Determined to unravel the mystery of her true identity, she contacts the Spectavi vampires, who drink synthetic blood. When they can’t help her, she turns to the Sanguans, who feed on humans. Her investigation leads her deep into a centuries-old vampire war.

Erin must decide how far she’s willing to go to learn the truth about her origins.
Sample the dark fantasy novel below, or on Amazon, B & N or Smashwords.


Prologue

Cold air hit my neck and face, so I pulled my comforter tight under my chin. I buried my head deeper into my thick pillow and enjoyed its clean scent. When I rolled over to lie the other way, my sheets felt just as fresh around my legs. I was far too comfortable to get out of bed over a little cool air. Besides, I didn’t have anything to do today.

Or tomorrow.

Or ever.

I opened my eyes, sat up, and looked around.

A white desk against the wall opposite the bed had a closed silver laptop on it. To its left, an open door led into a bathroom. Daylight seeped around gray curtains covering a window to my right. A low white dresser was on my left. I didn’t recognize any of it, or even the room itself.

The air conditioner turned off, plunging the room into silence. I tried to remember the night before, but came up with nothing.

I couldn’t think of any job I had to be at, errands I had to run, or plans to meet up with friends. In fact, I couldn’t think of any of my friends’ names or faces at all.

What was going on?

The bed sheets and comforter were white. The red digits of a clock on a nightstand to my right read eight fifteen in the morning. I slid out of bed and stood on light gray carpet, then looked down at my clothing—a light blue tank top and matching boxers. I didn’t recognize them either.

At the window, I pushed the curtains apart, and a city street bustled far below. To my left, the building curved into view, and it became likely I had woken up in the top floor of an apartment building.


Alone - Vampires and the Life of Erin Rose page 2
Alone - Vampires and the Life of Erin Rose page 3
Alone - Vampires and the Life of Erin Rose page 4
Alone - Vampires and the Life of Erin Rose page 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates